Re: [leafnode-list] Re: tin does not reconnect to newsserver

Stefan Fleiter <stefan.fleiter@xxxxxx> writes:

> > IMHO it's a leafnode bug. "Thou shalt not abort in the midst of data."
> > Leafnode answers tin's request with a positive staus code which should
> > be followed with output delimited by ".\r\n". There is no way that the
> > client can distinguish normal output from further server messages unless
> > the server terminates the output from the XOVER command by printing
> > above mentioned delimiter.
>
> Maybe I don't get your point, but have you seen that there is a 15 min pause
> between the Overvie information and the timeout? In this time there has been
> no communication between leafnode and tin.

Are they claiming leafnode omits the .\r\n? No way without proof. Of
course, we can just drop the connection, but that's impolite for proper
clients. Leafnode has been expecting input for 15 minutes when it sends
the 400 timeout message.

"Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin