Re: [leafnode-list] local groups: news articles disappear

Joerg Dietrich wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 01:44:53PM +0200, Matthias Fuchs wrote:
> > Reading and posting to local groups works fine, but postings in the
> > local groups disappear after some days and I cannot access them from my
> > newsreader (Netscape 4.76).
> > The expire time for these groups is very high (some years).
>
> Are the articles still present in the spool?
No !
> What are the low and
> high marks for the local groups in the groupinfo? How do they
> compare to the article numbers in the spool directory? Are the
> articles in the spool listed in the .overview file?
Everything seems to be ok ! The articles are listed in the .overview
file and the numbers fit to the
present articles. So everything seems to be consistent.

> Did you run fetchnews with -f option or was the active file
> updated because you hit timeout_active?
I ran fetchnews with the -f option the first time after updating to
2.0b8.

Matthias