Re: [leafnode-list] Re: Howto

Joerg Dietrich <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Local groups in b8 only work with a patch that I sent long ago to
> this list. Search for it in the archive or use the latest ma
> release.
>
> Cornelius, b8 is now almost 8 months old. Can we expect a new
> beta release sometime?

I presume Cornelius would want to sync up to my -ma versions some
time.

However, in the past weeks, I haven't worked too much on leafnode
because I've been busy with other things; the current leafnode 2.0b8_ma8
works fine locally with Gnus.

What I'd consider more important than a new beta release is a 1.9.20
release, with the lockfile fixes to get rid of corrupted groupinfo
files, and Cornelius' unsetenv implementation to get leafnode compile
again on Solaris et alios.

I already offer an own 1.9.19 FreeBSD port and AMD K6 package on
http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/, which includes the locking fix,
I have however refrained from sending it to the FreeBSD team because
Cornelius is the maintainer and I won't meddle with his releases and
release numbers.

I also released 1.9.19.ma2 as a sync-up so people can both have a
somewhat reliable and stable 1.9.x version (without local groups, of
course) with XOVER support that compiles on Solaris, but that's a
version which includes automake to fill the gap. It should really be
named 1.9.20.ma1, but then again, 1.9.20 is missing.

--
Matthias Andree
Outlook (Express) users: press Ctrl+F3 for the full source code of this post.