[leafnode-list] Newbie requiring help for local group username/password setup

Hi
I very recently installed Mandrake 8.0 linux and installed Leafnode
2.0b8 to act as a local news server for my friends to access online.
I have setup leafnode with a local group that can be accessed via a
newsreader but i cannot get leafnode to work so they have to input a
username and password to access the group.At the moment anyone can
access the newsgroup without a username/password...

Any help/pointers would be greatfully accepted

Thanks
Tim