[leafnode-list] Unexpected behaviour of fetchnews -vvv

[leafnode 1.9.19 on Linux]

In the last day or two, I've been seeing strange output on my screen on
typing fetchnews -vvv:  The following is a sample:

comp.editors: 8 articles fetched, 0 killed
rec.juggling: considering articles 65782-65835
rec.juggling: will fetch 65829
(<datachow-2908010820340001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)
rec.juggling: will fetch 65830
(<bb710049.0108290540.62af1070@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)
rec.juggling: will fetch 65831 (<GIu257.56G@xxxxxxxxxxx>)
rec.juggling: will fetch 65832 (<9mj3mv$2eq$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)
rec.juggling: will fetch 65833
(<fee3e6aa.0108290817.5c35fae4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)
rec.juggling: will fetch 65834
(<bd4b8054.0108290842.5931645c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)
rec.juggling: will fetch 65835 (<3b8d2af0.26062095@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)
rec.juggling: receiving article 65829 (6 more up in the air)
storing <datachow-2908010820340001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
rec.juggling
.as article 24037 in rec.juggling
.as article 24038 in rec.juggling
.as article 24039 in rec.juggling
.as article 24040 in rec.juggling

What is unexpected is the lack of lines like "storing <...>" between
the "..as article ..... in rec.juggling".

However, as far as I can see (cursory inspection of
.../rec/juggling/.overview and ..../rec/juggling/24037, etc), the
articles seem to have correctly entered my spool.

This seems to be happening in all newsgroups, has just started happening
very recently (? yesterday).  My /var/spool/news partition has plenty of
room (~ 1Gb) in it.  The only thing strange which happened yesterday is
that some clueless idiot sent me a 1.4 Mbtyte email (with four .pdf
attachments :-().

I'm worried.  Should I be?

Thanks in advance for any help!

--