Re: [leafnode-list] 2.0b8_ma3 leafnode very slow

John Covici <covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi.  I have installed 2.0b8_ma3 and leafnode has a couple of problems.
>
> First, it seg faults if the -F option is used.

Who? fetchnews? leafnode? Both behave here. Could you make a copy of
your config and filters files, replace your usernames and passwords with
SECRET, and send the copy of that configuration files to me? (Send
private mail, please.)

> Second, its very slow when a program wants to read its active file (I
> guess by list, but I'd have to check).

leafnode logs incoming NNTP commands if debugmode is 1 or higher, so
that's the easy part.

> It took about 10 minutes to read about 400k according to gnus which is
> what I am using to read the news.

Well, I cannot reproduce this here, neither with Gnus, nor with direct
access. I'd like to track that down, but I don't currently see any
reason why there should be problems. Are there suspicious log lines in
your syslog?

$ \time tcpclient -v emma1 119 sh -c 'echo LIST 1>&7 ; echo QUIT 1>&7 && cat >/tmp/output - 0<&6'
tcpclient: connected to 192.168.0.1 port 119
0.00user 0.03system 0:00.72elapsed 4%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k
$ wc /tmp/output
  23378   93519 1116344 /tmp/output