RE: [leafnode-list] 2.0b8_ma8rc8 - fetchnews blues

> That is the problem. If you only modify the variables at the top
> of the Makefile the changes will not be reflected on config.c.
> Either also modify the part of the Makefile where config.c is
> generated or immediately use the --with-lockfile and
> --with-spooldir options of configure. See configure --help for
> details.

Got it :)

I decided to start clean, so I removed everything and started again, this
time doing nntp3 (the one in the different directories) first.

I used the --with-lockfile, --with-spooldir, --bindir=, --sbindir=
and --sysconfigdir= options and it all worked, with one little possible bug
discovered :)

When you specify the --bindir= and --sbindir= options to configure, the
Makefile doesn't seem to pick up the changes, so I changed that manually
(modfied the USRDIR and the BINDIR options in the Makefile) and it is
working now.

I am just waiting on the first fetchnews that downloads actual articles to
finish, then I will install the nntp2 (normal directories) version.

Given that nntp3 seems to be working OK, it must be using the correct
directories (nothing exists in the default directories). I therefore
anticipate no issues installing the nntp2 instance :)

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Ben