RE: [leafnode-list] 2.0b8_ma8rc8 - fetchnews blues

> Your /etc/services is hosed. leafnode uses
> getservbyname("nntp", "tcp")
> to find the nntp port, and your /etc/services returns 563. It
> probably has
>           nntp         119/tcp
> AND
>           nntp         563/tcp

it has:
		nntps        563/tcp
AND
		nntp		 12546/tcp

in that order (I am using non-standard ports for nntp)

If I move the second entry above the first, it works OK.

I also have another problem, relating to the lock file.

I run two instances of leafnode on the one system.

When I compile, I specify different directories for the spool and libdirs as
well as different directories for the bin and sbin executables. The lockfile
has a different name (fetchnews2.lck)

When I try to run both fetchnews' from the different instances, however, the
second version tells me that
"fetchnews: lockfile /var/lock/news/fetchnews.lck exists, abort". (it should
be looking for fetchnews2.lck, surely?)

This was not a problem in 1.9.19 (or at least I only saw that error when the
fetchnews took longer than the cronjob interval for fetchnews).

Cheers,

Ben