[leafnode-list] Difficulty posting.

I am running leafnode 1.9.19 under Mandrake 8.0 on a workstation-only setup,
with Knode as the back end.

I have the server downloading messages OK, and can read them in Knode, but I
can't get it to upload postings.  Messages I create in Knode do not go to
the upload directory in /var, so the server never gets to know about them.
On the archives, it was suggested that I run fetchnews with the -post switch,
but that can't send mail that isn't there.  Anyway, just running fetchnews
should normally attend to posting.

Where should I start looking?  Is it a setting of the upload directory in
Knode?

Thanks,

Doug..