Re: [leafnode-list] Probably a question in some FAQ

Thomas Link <t.link.tmp200101@xxxxxxx> writes:

> I put a call to the "fetchnews" command into ip-up.local. When I connect
> to my ISP it sometimes occures that the connection is interrupted
> shortly after connection for one or two seconds. Now, something changes
> with the way leafnode works after such an interruption occurs or after
> some other connection interferes with it, because after such a break
> leafnode is sending mass of data back to news server -- at least this is
> what my tcp monitor tells me. Also, downloading of new messages is
> extremly slow in this other "mode". If I kill the fetchnews process and
> restart it, everything works well again, and the remaining messages are
> fetched within a minute. Does this tell you something? Is there a
> solution to this problem -- not involving manually killing fetchnews?

Is there a chance you can figure what fetchnews is doing at that time,
probably a log excerpt? It will be very useful to know what it is doing,
and what services are active at the same time (fetchmail perhaps?)

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."         Benjamin Franklin