RE: [leafnode-list] Will 2.x address these issues?

> 1. Posting and fetching all take place sequentially.
> News articles are posted, then retrieved.  If a local user posts a large
> binary file then no news is fetched until posting completes.  With only
> 256Kbps upstream, this can be a problem.  It would be useful if posting
and
> fetching were separate tasks that could run independently on the cron.

It would also be useful to allow posting to be instant, which could be
achieved if posting and retrieving news were separated.

I run fetchnews at 15 minute intervals (00, 15, 30, 45), which means that if
I post a message at 16 minutes past the hour, I have to wait at least 29
minutes for a reply. If the posting was done separately and instantly, then
this could reduced to 14 minutes :)

If this is implemented, I would like to suggest that users have the option
to choose whether the send news is done via a cron job (as a batch) or
instantly.

Even better, you could specify filters that allow you to configure which
groups are instant and which are batched (in the above case, *binaries*
might be batched while the rest is instant...)

Cheers,

Ben