RE: [leafnode-list] Too many files

I actually think I figured it out.  I think it was fetchnews that was doing
it.
I have fetchnews set to run out of cron every 10 minutes.

What I think was happening is that if I subscribed to a lot of busy groups
at
once, during the next fetchnews run it would open up to the maximum number
of
files set in the config file (default 2000)  FreeBSD's default kernel has a
max of around this number of open files.  I recompiled the FreeBSD kernel
and
set MAXUSERS up to 128 and the problem seems to have gone away.

Ted