Re: [leafnode-list] OT: PINE alternatives (was: Leafnode and Pine?)

John Perry <perry@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>         I tried Mutt but the main pproblem I had was that I couldn't get it
> to use a "just black and white" scheme. I.E. no colors at all. Also the
> PGP/MIME standard they selected was the one they voted on and isn't in wide
> use.

It's gaining ground, and you can easily have traditional PGP in recent
1.3.x versions (and have keybinds to toss your mail body through
traditional GPG clearsign as well).

>         BTW if you know how to explain to me how to get Gnus th work with a
> procmail directory, I'd be thrilled. The docs don't explain it well.

gnus:

 '(mail-sources (quote ((directory :path "~/Mail/" :suffix ".pm"))))

procmailrc:

MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail

And make sure all your mbox-format mail boxes below ~/Mail/ that you
want Gnus to pull in end in ".pm".

I'm not sure if Gnus can pull from Maildirs in that case.

If you need to defer all your mail while playing with that, move away
your .forward and put a "|exit 75" in place. (qmail and maildrop let you
just set chmod +t ~ to defer all mail and chmod -t ~ to get mail
delivered).

Personally, I recommend against procmail and advise maildrop, it's more
reliable and it's also more difficult to shoot in one's feet with with
maildrop. maildrop rules are easier to read and maildrop is more careful
in general. Syntax errors in a .mailfilter make maildrop defer all mail
for that user (rather than bounce later like procmail with its ad-hoc
parser does).

Anyhow, if there's more to this discussion, please ask privately, not on
the list. It's too far off-topic.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."         Benjamin Franklin