[leafnode-list] leafnode, expiring a news group and rtin.

Package: leafnode
Version: 1.9.19-5
Contents: groupinfo contents; interaction with rtin.

[15:54:15 tmp]$ ls -l /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/comp.os.linux.h
ardware
ls: /var/spool/news/interesting.groups/comp.os.linux.hardware: No such
file or directory
[16:15:59 tmp]$ grep comp.os.linux.hardware /var/spool/news/leaf.node/*
/var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo:comp.os.linux.hardware 637 638 0 -x-
/var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo:de.comp.os.linux.hardware 1 1 0 -x-
[16:16:13 tmp]$ ls /var/spool/news/comp/os*
ls: /var/spool/news/comp/os*: No such file or directory
[16:16:38 tmp]$ grep comp.os.linux.hardware /var/log/syslog.0
Nov 13 05:55:20 rakefet texpire[577]: comp.os.linux.hardware: 23
articles deleted, 0 kept
[16:17:20 tmp]$

Just to verify that I understand what is going on:
leafnode (as a generic name for fetchnews, texpire and the others
parts) finds out that comp.os.linux.hardware has not been read for
sometime, and there fore it:
    (1) deleted all the articles that was on the local disk.
    (2) removed comp.os.linux.hardware from the interesting.group dir.
    (3) has made the leftmost number in the relevant entry of the
groupinfo
        file less then the one to its right (637 < 638)

As a side note: What is the contents of the groupinfo file? In
particular, how do the numbers in the groupinfo file determined?

Back to my question and problem:
Now rtin reports that this group has
    *** No articles ***
and wouldn't let me into this group articles screen.

However, unless I missed something, the above file information seems to
be unrelated to the fact the I have tried to read that group with rtin.
That is, it is the same both before trying to read the articles in this
group and afterwards. Isn't this a problem? How will leafnode determine
that now it should bring more articles from this group?

- -- System Information
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Kernel Version: Linux rakefet 2.2.19pre17 #1 Thu May 10 19:09:42 IDT
2001 i586 unknown

Versions of the packages leafnode depends on:
ii  debconf        1.0.17         Debian configuration management system
ii  libc6          2.2.4-5        GNU C Library: Shared libraries and
Timezone
ii  libpcre3       3.4-1.1        Philip Hazel's Perl Compatible
Regular Expre
ii  logrotate      3.5.9-1        Log rotation utility
ii  netbase        4.06           Basic TCP/IP networking system
ii  tcpd           7.6-8.3        Wietse Venema's TCP wrapper utilities

--

    Shaul Karl
    email: shaulka (replace these parenthesis with @) bezeqint,