[leafnode-list] Re: Groups from different servers

Stephen J. Thompson wrote:
> I am wondering if within leafnode there is a way that I can specify
> which groups to obtain from which servers. Example:
> [...]
> I would like to specify that I should only download the contents of
> group 2 from server 2 and ignore it from server 1. Is this possible?
> If so how?

This is the feature I'm currently looking for!

My main server is news.cis.dfn.de but I also fetch some local groups
from news.uni-muenster.de. This works just fine with one exception: The
main server has some nice spam filters installed while the supplement
has not. Now what does leafnode do? It fetches all the spam articles
(which were kicked off the main server) from the supplement server.

I tried filtering on the "Path:" header as a workaround, but this also
filters out some regular articles that appeared on the supplement first.

What I would like to see is a configuration switch "unique-only" which
forces fetchnews to only get those groups from the supplement that don't
exist on the main server.

ciao
  Jörg