Re: [leafnode-list] Fetchnews getting list of all newsgroups

On Thursday 03 January 2002 9:53 pm, you wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 07:52:28PM +0000, Alec Cawley wrote:
> > except for one thing. Fetchnews seems to get the list of all newsgroups
> > from the upstream server approximately every 24 hours. This means that it
> > takes
>
> check timeout_active in the config.

No, that doesn't fix the problem. It wasn't set to anything, and the comment
in config.example says that the default is 90 days. I have set it to 365, but
it is still downloading a massive list of newsgroups.

Closer examination of the output says
"Getting new newsgroups from news.demon.co.uk"
But the list still takes many minutes to load at 44000bps (12 so far this
evening). Have I got a configuration problem with the upstream server? There
are surely not that many new newsgroups since yesterday evening. How are
"new" newsgroups determined?

	Alec Cawley
--
@lec  ©awley