Re: [leafnode-list] Fetchnews getting list of all newsgroups

Alec Cawley schrieb am Freitag, den 04. Januar 2002:

> Closer examination of the output says
> "Getting new newsgroups from news.demon.co.uk"
> But the list still takes many minutes to load at 44000bps (12 so far this
> evening). Have I got a configuration problem with the upstream server? There
> are surely not that many new newsgroups since yesterday evening. How are
> "new" newsgroups determined?

Does that problem occur on other servers than news.demon.co.uk? Might be
that demon became incompatible again.

Can you have the NNTP dialogue logged (either with the proper debugmode
or with ngrep or other packet capture/dissemination tools) and figure
what exact NEWGROUPS command leafnode sends to news.demon.co.uk?