[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] leafnode 2.0b8_ma9pre4 available
Yes, I'm skipping the ma9pre3 announcement, but since I had one
download by a Fama/3.14 user (whatever that is) from 217.224.147.x at
around 00:07:31 UTC, I cannot just drop that version number and withdraw
9pre3 silently, the tarballs of ma9pre3 are gone however.
leafnode 2.0b8_ma9pre3 cannot properly read the active file from its
upstream servers and it cannot properly read its local groups file
either, so you won't have much fun with that version.
I uploaded leafnode 2.0b8_ma9pre4 to
It fixes two long-standing bugs, among them the bug reported by Stefan
Wiens that leafnode would not make sure that groupinfo and .overview
(NOV aka XOVER) were consistent.
It fixes a build failure recently introduced by the automake transition
(found by Ralf Wildenhues, -lpcre was not added to LIBS), and it fixes
the groupinfo trash bug that 9.3pre introduced. If you have 9.3pre,
please do update as soon as possible.
It fixes a lot of minor bugs that Ralf Wildenhues found (and he fixed
most of them, sending patches, although I still have one patch set in my
mailbox which hasn't yet made it into 9.4pre). Thanks to Ralf for his
Here's the ChangeLog. One of the 2002-01-07 activutil.c changes broke
ma9pre3 -- Ralf just mentioned there was a bug and I chose the wrong
"fix" when in fact none was needed.
2002-01-08 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
=== RELEASE 2.0b8_ma9.4pre ===
* Makefile.am: Move leafnode-version to bindir.
* activutil.c: Back out lold initialization.
* fetchnews.c: Fix bogus "not in groupinfo file" errors.
2002-01-07 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
=== RELEASE 2.0b8_ma9.3pre ===
* leafnode-version.c: Preset PATH to /bin:/usr/bin and run uname
without a path, SuSE Linux 7.3 installs it to /bin, FreeBSD to
* TODO: Update.
* xoverutil.c: Rename getxover to xgetxover, add a group parameter
which - when non-NULL - has the in-core groupinfo updated. Provide
getxover as xgetxover(NULL) for compatibility. Add maybegetxover
which only operates when the group directory is more current than
the .overview or the .overview is more current than groupinfo.
* redblack.c: Handle OOM in rb_openlist. Found by Ralf Wildenhues.
Bug filed on https://sourceforge.net/project/libredblack, Bug-ID
* queues.c: Fix memory leak (rbdestroy) in error conditions. Found
by Ralf Wildenhues.
* nntputil.c: Streamline newnntpreply, fixing compiler warnings.
* mastring.h: Add lclint annotations.
* mastrcpy.c: Add lclint annotations.
* lsort.c: Fixes for type bugs and memory leaks found by Ralf
* ln_log.c: Fix for lclint.
* activutil.c: Declare active-/inode-times and sizes static.
* leafnode.h: Drop activetime in favor of query_active_mtime().
* activutil.c: Add query_active_mtime.
* leafnode.h: Include type fixes and lclint annotations sent by
Ralf Wildenhues. Add xgetxover and maybegetxover.
* dirutil.c: Include type fixes and lclint annotations sent by
* configure.ac: Bump version, add -lpcre to LIBS rather than
* config.example: Document authenticate option.
* applyfilter.c: Properly initialize min/max, found by Ralf
* activutil.c: Fix two subtle bugs found by Ralf Wildenhues.
* nntpd.c: Implement fix suggested by Ralf Wildenhues: use fclose
before freeing our setvbuf buffer. fopenart returns failure when
the article to be opened has 0 bytes (store.c marks write errors
by truncating the inode). Fixes a bug that was present since the
introduction of store.c. When the group contents are more current
than .overview, rebuild .overview. Fixes a long-standing bug
reported by Stefan Wiens.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- mailing list for leafnode
To unsubscribe, send mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject to the list