[leafnode-list] Leafnode - ready to give up.

I am running Mandrake 7.2 on a tired old computer which can't handle anything
newer.

I am someone who won't leave well alone, but *MUST* fiddle.

Running Leafnode 1.9.19,  I couldn't post articles.

This was fixed by 2.0b8, but then I got repeated segmentation faults.

So I tried a couple of Matthias' versions.  For these I had to download and
install PCRE, which was no problem.  I ran ldconfig afterwards.

Now every version that I try, including 2.0b8, says

./sbin/fetchnews: error in loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.0: cannot

The file libpcre.so.0 is in /usr/local/lib, as well as in the directory I
installed from.  It is owned by user and group root, and its permissions are
777.  It is actually a symlink to libpcre.so.0.0.1, which is owned by user
and group root, and has permissions 755.

What now?  Do I really need leafnode?

Doug.