Re: [leafnode-list] Spam filtering + Wishlist

Hello again,

Matthias Andree wrote:
> jom1@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
> > Matthias Andree wrote:
> >> Already on my TODO list, but I'm thinking if I should drop the whole
> >> delaybody stuff as I got no feedback ever since I released 2.0b8_ma8*,
> >> so it looks like nobody's using it.
> >
> > There are alternatives e.g. using keywords in the filter file and saving
> > some xover content into files.
>
> verbose++ please.

For each group I use a special keyword to ask "fetchnews" to save killed
articles xover data into a file in a special directory.
File names are simply group names.
(other header information is added: news server name, first article
available and time stamp).

Then I can search by hand articles to download the next run.
(no graphical interface for the moment :-()
an example:
cat Plonk/fr.sci.electronique |cut -f 1,2 |grep  -i 'panne'

I defined special files in the leaf.node directory called
_<news.server.name>.
If I want to download some previously "killed" articles, I have to add (at
least) their xref numbers under their group.
same example:
/fr.sci.electronique/
58518   TV en panne, de l'aide SVP
58537   Re: TV en panne, de l'aide SVP
58721   Re: TV en panne, de l'aide SVP
58993   magnéto en panne
For each server and group and _before_ reading new articles if any,
"fetchnews" adds the additional xref numbers to the list.
Articles are fetched if their are still available and not already downloaded
of course.

That's all.