Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode - ready to give up.

Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> [root@dougshost sbin]# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib ./fetchnews -vv
> 2.0b8: verbosity level is 2
> Trying to connect to news.ruralnet.net.au ... failed.
> Segmentation fault

Ok, you may now have run into a 2.0b8 bug.

> That seems to have fixed the library problem, although putting it in
> /etc/ld.so.conf doesn't seem to work for some reason.  Running ldconfig took
> a few seconds, with no output..

That's ok for ldconfig. If you want output, use -v, but be prepared to
read huge amounts of data.

> I shall be away for the next few days.  Unfortunately, while I know my way
> around a directory, etc., and i actally prefer working from a terminal, I
> don't know the finer points of Linux, such as ldconfig.

Hum, all free OS's I've seen so far put /usr/local/bin into their
/etc/ld.so.conf.

Note: I will be away from Jan 19 to Jan 27, so if "next few days"
extends until next week-end, have fun ;-)

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."         Benjamin Franklin