Re: [leafnode-list] Reading local spoled news without subscribin

Hello,

Gerd-Christian Michalke wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I have subscribed several groups I followed. Now I do not want to follow
> them anymore. So I unsubscribed with my browser, deledetd the groups in
> /var/spool/news/interesting.groups. Obviously, I cannot read my news
> archive anymore.
>
> To do so, I have to resubscribe the news group in the browser, but
> reunsubscribe when I am running fetchnews. Is there a handier way to do
> that ?
>
> I am running leafnode 1.9.19 in SuSE 7.3, client is Netscape
>
> Kind regards

I posted a patch to do that some time ago.

The trick is to edit by hand the file <my.news.server> and to put a ! in
front of the group(s).
No need to delete the entry in the /var/spool/news/interesting.groups
directory.

See "Downloading only some groups from a slow server", 24 May 2000