Re: [leafnode-list] Nemesis is back

Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I then ran fetchnews -f.  Another hiccup.
>
> The list of newsgroups appeared to download normally, and a groupinfo file
> was created each time, but it is always zero bytes long.

That should not happen. Are there other groupinfo files around, with
names like groupinfo.XXXX0tra5h? If so, what sizes do these have?

> Knode then says that it can't connect to the leafnode server.

That's a separate issue, and it's coverage in the leafnode FAQ is valid
for 2.0b8_ma8 or ma9rc* also: http://www.leafnode.org/faq.html#3

> The logfile (which follows) seems perfectly normal, and I have
> double-checked the permissions. and the setting for $NNTPSERVER.

Strange. The log file is indeed unsuspicious, and I just checked, all
function - as of leafnode-2.0b8_ma9rc3 - log any troubles with high
enough priority the stuff would show up in the log even without debug
and verbose modes.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."         Benjamin Franklin