Re: [leafnode-list] Server refuses connection

Hi Doug!

On Sun, 20 Jan 2002 Doug Laidlaw wrote:

> I am running version 2.0b8_ma9.  I have successfully downloaded a list of
> newsgroups, but every time I try to subscribe using Knode, I get a message
> "The server refused the connection."

So fetchnews is functional but the leafode daemon is not started.

> I have checked that the leafnode and xinetd services are enabled, and the
> NNTPSERVER variable is O.K.  In xinetd, because it is an older version, I
> have used the config file from the HTML FAQ, rather than the one suggested in
> the README file.  It worked with Version 1.9.19.

Have you read FAQ #3?

What does "telnet localhost nntp" say?
What does "telnet localhost 119" say?
Is the path to leafnode in your xinetd config file right?
Did you restart xinetd?

Greets,
Stefan