[leafnode-list] upgrading experience

I've just upgraded (at last!!) from 2.0b8 to 2.0b8_ma9 and had the
following comments

I had a local.groups file without tabs before no complaint was made (hadn't
got around to using it) but with the new version it objects, I tried
deleting it (as the install quite rightly doesn't touch it) - bad move - as
it has, as the syslog says - numerous times - a bad effect on performance...

I first did a texpire -r
and then fetchnews -f (assume this was the correct order - I didn't find
this clear in the documentation), I have two newsservers and found that the
first time it appeared to get the articles twice - once off each server -
the next time I ran fetchnews sanity had been restored.

When I ran texpire -r it reported that 38000 approx articles had been
deleted which was a little alarming, they're still there but I can't get at
all(?) of then from my newsreader

Matthias et al., thanks for your efforts on the new release - the new
features and posting security are very welcome!

Robert Marshall