Re: [leafnode-list] upgrading experience

Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> I first did a texpire -r
>> and then fetchnews -f (assume this was the correct order - I didn't find
>> this clear in the documentation), I have two newsservers and found that the
>> first time it appeared to get the articles twice - once off each server -
>> the next time I ran fetchnews sanity had been restored.
>
> That's correct, however, did it really report it was downloading the
> articles twice? Or was it only considering them twice?

Euhm, wait a minute. texpire -r depends on a proper groupinfo, fetchnews
-f OTOH on the proper spool format. That's giving us a kind of a
hen-and-egg problem. Gee. Looks like leafnode needs to read either
groupinfo format to get over this problem.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."         Benjamin Franklin