Re: [leafnode-list] timeout connecting to (null) + Segmentation fault

Volker Apelt wrote:

> This happend during a normal poll of my two upstream servers.
> One of them is news.cis.dfn.de which was not reachable at that time.
>
> fetchnews: version 2.0b8_ma9pre1; verbosity level is 0; debugging level is 0
                              ^^^^
Try ma9.

> reading /var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo and /etc/leafnode/local.groups
> found 0 articles in in.coming.
> cannot connect to news.cis.dfn.de: No route to host
> fetchnews: 20 articles fetched, 0 killed, in 99 seconds
> fetchnews: Fixing XOVER
> timeout connecting to (null)
> /usr/local/sbin/lf_fetchnews: line 10:  2045 Segmentation fault      ${PREFIX}/sbin/fetchnews $*
> fetchnews: Background process finished

Is the bug reproducible?  Is it reproducible if you start fetchnews with
option -f instead (warning:  takes time with 20000 groups)?

The only thing I can reproduce without connection: fetchnews -f gives me

[ ... ]
connecting to news.cis.dfn.de:nntp: cannot connect: Network is unreachable
fetchnews: 0 articles fetched, 0 killed, in 0 seconds
fetchnews: Fixing XOVER
findgroup("de.comp.os.unix.programming") called without prior readactive()
$

which occurs in the child process doing fixxover().

Maybe that helps somebody else with a bugfix (core _is_ available),
maybe it's an entirely different problem.

Ralf