Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode 2.0b8_ma9 on MacOS X 10.1.2?

Jari Lehtonen <jari@xxxxxx> writes:

> source='b_sortnl.c' object='b_sortnl.o' libtool=no \
> depfile='.deps/b_sortnl.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/b_sortnl.TPo' \
> depmode=gcc /bin/sh ./depcomp \
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.   -I/usr/local  -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include
> -c `test -f b_sortnl.c || echo './'`b_sortnl.c
> redblack.h:30: undefined or invalid # directive
> redblack.h:45: header file 'search.h' not found
> cpp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in basic
> mode
> make: *** [b_sortnl.o] Error 1
>
> Configure went by OK as far as I can see; config.log is available as
> <http://users.utu.fi/jari/tmp/config.log>, and config.status as
> <http://users.utu.fi/jari/tmp/config.status> if those help.
>
> Is anyone running leafnode 2 on MacOS X? I've been running 1.9.19 for
> several months without problems. Missing "search.h" suggests a missing
> library of some sort.

redblack.h and redblack.c are taken from Damian Ivereigh's libredblack,
which is hosted at sourceforge.net, with the home page available at
<URL:http://libredblack.sourceforge.net/>

As far as search.h is concerned, it is used to pull in symbols to
reflect the API of tsearch(3) et al. My understanding is that MacOS X
lacks tsearch(3) and the search.h that defines it, and therefore,
redblack.h fails to pull in the symbols -- this is a portability problem
with redblack.h.

Anyways, I filed a problem report against libredblack at sourceforge
(URL above), #509485, see:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=509485&group_id=5997&atid=105997

You may be able to get help from Damian Ivereigh, its email address ist
listed at the sourceforge page.

It looks as though leafnode_2.0b8_ma9 is currently unsupported on MacOS X.
:-(

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."         Benjamin Franklin