Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode 2.0b8_ma9 on MacOS X 10.1.2?

Ralf Wildenhues schrieb am Dienstag, den 29. Januar 2002:

> Jari Lehtonen wrote:
> >
> > Yes, thanks, that made it go past the previous problem. Now there seems to
> > be an overlapping definition of _mergesort in leafnode-provided liblnutil.a
> > and MacOS X-provided /usr/lib/libSystem.dylib when linking fetchnews. Also,
> > _inet_ntop is listed as an undefined symbol:

Ok, I added a workaround to redblack.h to define the VISIT type should
search.h be missing from the system.

> Bug in leafnode?  Why was inet_ntop.c dropped in leafnode-2.0b8_ma9pre2?

Accident during automake migration. Hopefully fixed for ma10pre1, but I
need to find a box without inet_ntop to test this on. I figured
sourceforge have a MacOS 10.1 in their compile farm, which was down
yesterday, but I'll try to get hold of this box to make leafnode work on
MacOS X.

> At least declaring it in leafnode.h does not make sense without a
> definition.  work around:  configure without IPV6 if possible.
>
> > /usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _mergesort
> > liblnutil.a(mergesort.o) definition of _mergesort in section (__TEXT,__text)
> > /usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(merge.o) definition of _mergesort
>
> You could just ignore that for now.  Maybe leafnode could use the system
> mergesort if present.

Yup. I hope I collected all the MacOS X patches, will try to compile
leafnode-2.0b8_ma10pre1 on sourceforge's compile farm later.

Jari, could you quote the SYNOPSIS lines from your mergesort man page?
(cd out of the leafnode directory just to be sure it's your system's).

Thanks,
Matthias