Re: [leafnode-list] timeout connecting to (null) + Segmentation

Ralf Wildenhues schrieb am Dienstag, den 29. Januar 2002:

> Only things I could find out (not too much tested, sorry):
>
> 2 upstreams, A and B. group.from.A only served by A.
> 'fetchnews -f' and unavailable A
> --> leafnode does not know group group.from.A any more ("no such group")
> After another successful connect to A with 'fetchnews' this problem is
> gone, pending outgoing messages to group.from.A are then sent.
>
> Iff at least one upstream is available, active built (with the list of
> that/those servers).  Groups only served by unreachable servers are
> unknown until next successful connect.

That's a know problem to me, however, I'm not sure how to fix this. The
"-f" flag is used every other month or so automatically (depending on
your active file timeout) to merge in changes to group status, removed
groups and so on, and so we cannot use the old groupinfo for now -- we
might have a wrong group status otherwise (post allowed/not
allowed/moderated). I've already considered faking groupinfo lines for
all groups in interesting.groups, but then forbid posting.