Re: [leafnode-list] 2.08b: Unknown reply to XOVER command

Cornelius Krasel schrieb am Dienstag, den 05. Februar 2002:

> > For sure. If this server is of interest to you as a developer, I can provide
> > an account for you on one of my boxen for you. I believe that telnetting to a
> > newserver can provide debug info, but it might also be possibe to enable
> > forwarding or routing of some sort for you.
>
> Here is the culprit:
>
> Feb  5 18:28:25 garcon fetchnews[16411]: >NEWNEWS uk.people.bdsm 020205 175800
> Feb  5 18:28:25 garcon fetchnews[16411]: <502 NEWNEWS Permission Denied (command disabled)
> Feb  5 18:28:26 garcon fetchnews[16411]: >GROUP uk.people.bdsm
> Feb  5 18:28:26 garcon fetchnews[16411]: <.
>
> Leafnode does not expect the dot after the NEWNEWS error message.
> Actually, I think there should be no dot after an error message
> (i.e. I believe the news server runs faulty software; it runs
> our favourite: NNTPcache, V2.4.0b5).

Still, NEWNEWS support was desired by some people, I recall, for
demon.co.uk, right? If so, we'd need to take care of that crap. I put a
note in the (disabled) NEWNEWS section of my code.

OTOH, we'd better get NNTPcache fixed or get rid of that junk. Neither
will happen :-(