Re: [leafnode-list] 2.08b: Unknown reply to XOVER command

Ralf Wildenhues <wildenhu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The problem's somewhere else:  quoting from
> http://212.104.155.155/leafnode.list/compilation.txt
>
> ---
> $ make
> [ ... ]
> cd . && /bin/sh /usr/src/gcc/leafnode-2.0b8_ma9/missing --run autoheader
> /usr/bin/m4: configure.in: No such file or directory
> cd . \
>   && CONFIG_FILES= CONFIG_HEADERS=config.h \
>      /bin/sh ./config.status
> ---
>
> Note that it does not say: config.h is unchanged.  Also note that while
> compiling b_sortnl, there is no 2nd declaration of socklen_t, after the
> quote above gcc complains about leafnode.h redefining it.

Euhm, regardless of what it says, config.log proves that configure
misdetected the pcre_exec API. That must never happen.

> Conclusion:  after that, config.h does not represent the data collected
> by configure any more.  My guess: he copied the source files not keeping
> the timestamps, config.h is empty or garbage.

I'd be rather careful with these guesses in the light of his
config.log. Of course, retrying that...

> Stroller: please unpack the source into a fresh directory and do nothing
> in it except a './configure && make'.  Don't touch any files or copy
> them.  Does the problem go away?  Is m4 called?

..and making sure it's not compiled across NFS mounts, is still useful.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."         Benjamin Franklin