Re: [leafnode-list] 2.08b: Unknown reply to XOVER command

On Wednesday 06 Feb 2002 5:14 pm, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Conclusion: ?after that, config.h does not represent the data collected
> by configure any more. ?My guess: he copied the source files not keeping
> the timestamps, config.h is empty or garbage...

Why are the timestamps relevant..?

I'd better mention guiltily here that the box leafnode runs on is headless,
and that (because Mandrake's default ftp client & server don't talk to each
other, and I haven't gotten around to fixing it) I unpacked the leafnode
distribution archive on the Linux workstation I'm typing this on, samba'd the
directory accross to the Windows terminal next to me, and ftp'd that up to
the newsserver. I would imagine that file attributes might not be maintained.

/me checks.

Yup. Whoops..! This does indeed seem to screw the dates on the leafnode
source files.

Have I done something really dumb..?

Stroller.