Re: [leafnode-list] 2.0 beta and mail2news.

In article <3C71691A.BeroList-2.5.9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Joerg Dietrich  <leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 12:31:08AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> > Could not store /var/spool/news/in.coming/25551-1013957484-1: duplicate
>> > store: cannot open current directory
>>
>> Now that's a serious problem, this error indicates that fetchnews could
>> not open the . directory -- which should never be a problem. Kernel bug?
>
>I suspect that it's a problem with UID and EUID. I can reproduce
>this error message if I su to root and let fetchnews run. If I
>su -l the problem does not occur.

What's the output of:

ls -ld .

I suspect that be more of a problem than anything else.

Obviously . is whatever the directory of importance above is.

mrc
--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/