[leafnode-list] Couple of oddities in leafnode-2.0b8_ma10pre2

Hi,

couple of things I've noticed recently with leafnode-2.0b8_ma10pre2,
running on Mac OS X 10.1.2.

1) fetchnews.lock.<pid> files accumulating in /var/lock/news directory. It
seems that if fetchnews starts while either texpire or a previous fetchnews
is still running, it creates a lock with pid in filename, finds an existing
lock, and exits without removing the new lockfile.

An example:
-rw-------   1 news  news     25 Feb  3 04:07 fetchnews.lck.0000027028
-rw-------   1 news  news     25 Feb  3 04:37 fetchnews.lck.0000027031
-rw-------   1 news  news     25 Feb  3 05:07 fetchnews.lck.0000027034
-rw-------   1 news  news     25 Feb  3 05:37 fetchnews.lck.0000027037
-rw-------   1 news  news     25 Feb  3 06:07 fetchnews.lck.0000027040

Time fits texpire being run, as it happens every morning at 04.00, and may
take a couple of hours.

I just cleaned up some 50-60 of these lockfiles.

2) fetchnews is unable to start if hostname is unknown. For me this happens
if I boot my laptop at home, where I have DHCP but no DNS. I could,
probably, use the hosts file (or netinfo table) to resolve hostname in this
case, but I'd like to know if there's really a reason to signal that
"internal error" in this case? 1.9.19 had no problems with hostname being
localhost.

Feb 21 23:37:00 localhost CRON[345]: (news) CMD (/usr/local/sbin/fetchnews
-n -vv)
Feb 21 23:37:00 localhost fetchnews[345]: fetchnews: Not automatically
unsubscribing unread newsgroups.
Feb 21 23:37:00 localhost sendmail[346]: My unqualified host name
(localhost) unknown; sleeping for retry
Feb 21 23:37:01 localhost fetchnews[345]: found 0 articles in in.coming.
Feb 21 23:37:01 localhost fetchnews[345]: Internal error: must not try to
lock with local host name "localhost"

Thanks,

--

        Jari Lehtonen