Re: [leafnode-list] Posting Problem

Matthias Andree wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, jom1@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > which bug ?
> > also in 1.9.19 ?
> > Can you give more details please ?

*snip*

> If no server has the group the article has been posted to any more, the
> article is also gone.  Removing the delposted() line will defer the
> article removal to the point where an article with the same Message-ID,
> which should be ours, is found upstream. It breaks (i. e. sends
> duplicates or catches posting errors) if the interval between fetchnews
> runs is longer than the expire time for the corresponding news group and
> history, but usually, articles that predate the history expiry are
> rejected, so removing delposted() should be safe enough. It may slow
> down the posting process because we try to post every article at least
> twice, but better slow than lost.

Hmm.  Made me try this:

<mode=*very* constructed case>
Not-so-nice user crossposts to moderated group g1 and unmoderated group
g2.  If I figure correctly, every time fetchnews is run, the moderator
gets a new copy until he approves it.  Nice feature. ;)
</>

Disclaimer: above tested only on a leafnode slave of another
leafnode2.0b8_ma10pre3 having both g1 and g2 as local groups.

I don't know if handling in nntpd.c dopost() needs to be fixed or the
above concept of trying to post until seen should be changed.

HTH Ralf