Re: [leafnode-list] Posting Question

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 05:01:32PM -0800, Jeff Grossman wrote:

> I just noticed that an article I posted was rejected by the news server
> and moved into failed.postings.  But, the article still made it into my
> local spool.  Should Leafnode do that?  Here is a copy of the log, but
> the article was in my local spool.

It depends if you want it to play at being a full server or operate as a
caching offline proxy like the 1.9.x series does.  In the former case
Leafnode is doing what any server would do and accepting the article
locally before trying to propagate it.  In the latter case this
behaviour isn't really desirable, but that's not what Leafnode is trying
to implement any more.