Re: [leafnode-list] Articles deleted too soon?

Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Since my original posting (25 Feb) I have upgraded from 1.9.18 to 1.9.19
> using a Mandrake Cooker RPM.  It behaves the same.  I wonder if it is
> something Mandrake have added.  The source version of 1.9.19 never did this -
> or if it did, I didn't notice.

Strange. I don't want to spend too much time on this unless it happens
with a stock 1.9.19. But if you could dig up a precise URL to the
mandrake source RPM that your leafnode RPM was built from, I would have
a look and tell them if they hosed it.

> One other point: I haven't set the NNTPSERVER variable, which is empty.
> Everything seems to work without it, except for this one thing, and from the
> little I understand, it wouldn't explain this symptom.  If it should be set,
> in whose profile does it belong?

Into /etc/profile or /etc/profile.local or the like, it is to be set globally.