[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] leafnode 1.9.20.rc8 -- hopefully final release candidate
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
I've just released leafnode 1.9.20.rc8, the hopefully final release
candidate to 1.9.20.rel. It is available from
http://leafnode.home.dhs.org/ as .tar.gz and .tar.bz2.
I ask every user of leafnode 1.9.x to fetch and install 1.9.20.rc8 and
report any troubles. Should you have success, please send a short report
like "works for me on FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE alpha", which tells me the
operating system and version. You can instead send the output of "uname
I also ask distributors/packagers to check if just dropping the
1.9.20.rc8 tarball into their build process instead of the 1.9.19
tarball breaks anything and report back. I want 1.9.20.rel to be as
smooth an upgrade as possible from 1.9.19.
These are the changes since 1.9.20.rc7:
2002-03-20 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
=== release 1.9.20.rc8 ===
* fetchnews.c: Add "HEAD" to logging of replies to "HEAD"
* TODO: Update.
* README: Update.
* INSTALL: Deprecate installation without tcpd.
* fetchnews.c: Log replies to GROUP commands ourselves with debug
== 1. To trace NewsPlex problems reported by Michael O'Quinn.
* Makefile.am: Fix fetchnews_DEPENDENCIES, fetchnews was not
linked anew after LIBOBJS or liblnutil.a updates.
* nntputil.c (putaline): do not log trailing CR or LF with
syslog. Use fputs instead of fprintf for efficiency.
(nntpreply): log the replies with debug == 1 now that getaline
only logs with debug > 1.
* nntputil.c: Log port number in "connected to" syslog message,
and mark the "200" with "reply:" so users know it's not the port
number. Suggested by Michael O'Quinn.
2002-03-18 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
* leafnode.h: Have findmsgid() return unsigned long (formerly
* fetchnews.c: Have getmarked() consistently use unsigned long for
article numbers (formerly int).
* miscutil.c: Have findmsgid() return unsigned long (formerly
2002-03-16 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
* nntpd.c: More doarticle() fixes by Ralf Wildenhues. I was too
fast with my last patch.
2002-03-15 Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>
* configure.in: Bump version to 1.9.20.rc8.
* nntpd.c: Fix possible NULL pointer dereference in response to
XHDR command, reported by Ralf Wildenhues. If INET_ADDRSTRLEN is
not defined, use 16 instead, OSF/1 v4.0 does not define this
macro; reported by Jörg Dietrich.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.5, an Emacs/PGP interface
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- mailing list for leafnode
To unsubscribe, send mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject to the list