[leafnode-list] leafnode 1.9.20.rc8 -- hopefully final release candidate

Hello,

I've just released leafnode 1.9.20.rc8, the hopefully final release
candidate to 1.9.20.rel. It is available from
http://leafnode.home.dhs.org/ as .tar.gz and .tar.bz2.

I ask every user of leafnode 1.9.x to fetch and install 1.9.20.rc8 and
report any troubles. Should you have success, please send a short report
like "works for me on FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE alpha", which tells me the
operating system and version. You can instead send the output of "uname
- -a".

I also ask distributors/packagers to check if just dropping the
1.9.20.rc8 tarball into their build process instead of the 1.9.19
tarball breaks anything and report back. I want 1.9.20.rel to be as
smooth an upgrade as possible from 1.9.19.

These are the changes since 1.9.20.rc7:

2002-03-20  Matthias Andree  <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>

        === release 1.9.20.rc8 ===
	* fetchnews.c: Add "HEAD" to logging of replies to "HEAD"
	commands.

	* TODO: Update.
	* README: Update.
	* INSTALL: Deprecate installation without tcpd.

	* fetchnews.c: Log replies to GROUP commands ourselves with debug
	== 1. To trace NewsPlex problems reported by Michael O'Quinn.

	* Makefile.am: Fix fetchnews_DEPENDENCIES, fetchnews was not
	linked anew after LIBOBJS or liblnutil.a updates.

	* nntputil.c (putaline): do not log trailing CR or LF with
	syslog. Use fputs instead of fprintf for efficiency.
	(nntpreply): log the replies with debug == 1 now that getaline
	only logs with debug > 1.

	* nntputil.c: Log port number in "connected to" syslog message,
	and mark the "200" with "reply:" so users know it's not the port
	number. Suggested by Michael O'Quinn.

2002-03-18  Matthias Andree  <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>

	* leafnode.h: Have findmsgid() return unsigned long (formerly
	int).

	* fetchnews.c: Have getmarked() consistently use unsigned long for
	article numbers (formerly int).

	* miscutil.c: Have findmsgid() return unsigned long (formerly
	int).

2002-03-16  Matthias Andree  <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>

	* nntpd.c: More doarticle() fixes by Ralf Wildenhues. I was too
	fast with my last patch.

2002-03-15  Matthias Andree  <matthias.andree@xxxxxx>

	* configure.in: Bump version to 1.9.20.rc8.
	* nntpd.c: Fix possible NULL pointer dereference in response to
	XHDR command, reported by Ralf Wildenhues. If INET_ADDRSTRLEN is
	not defined, use 16 instead, OSF/1 v4.0 does not define this
	macro; reported by Jörg Dietrich.

- --
Matthias Andree