Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode 1.9.20.rc8 -- hopefully final release candidate

Ralf Wildenhues schrieb am Mittwoch, den 20. März 2002:

> .and as well in the l==NULL case.  Additionally, one should think about
> unlinking the file in both cases.

Implemented. However, the fix must be a little more intrusive because as
it is now in rc8, we already have the hard links, so we must push the
"store" command down to the place where we know that we can actually get
the body (or don't want it). I have now introduced a (hopefully
complete) logic to prevent leafnode from keeping articles that had write
errors.

> And depending on the way NewsPlex handles article headers and bodies
> that might just fix the problems Michael O'Quinn described in the
> "SIGPIPE Issues" thread (his LOG_INFO output might give additional
> info), but this is just a wild guess without delving deeply into the
> source.

I don't believe so. SIGPIPE happens when writing to a closed socket or
pipe, so it can only happen when sending commands, and there must be
some other place where leafnode doesn't check for error conditions.