Re: [leafnode-list] upgrading experience

* Robert wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, wildenhu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > [ 2.0b8_ma9 article filtering ]
> > If your upstream does not understand XOVER, filtering fetched articles
> > does not work correctly.

see more on this below

> Well looking at the output from fetchnews -vv, all the servers (I have 4
> news servers) give me lines such as:
>
> comp.os.linux.security: considering 9 articles 48492 - 48500, using XOVER
>
> I need to check if there are still some of these wildly crossposted
> articles about, is there an easy way of doing this? or will I need to
> compose some fancy recursive grep..

Iff you have create_all_links set to 1,
        find /var/spool/news/message.id -type f -links +6
should print all articles posted to 6 or more groups.

If not, above line will find only articles posted to 6 or more groups
that are either local or interesting, and finding the other crossposts
would require reading every article in the spool.  Since that kills
atime expiring, I would not recommend this.

Also, I had to rethink my above statement -- even XHDR fetching *should*
kill those articles.  So IMHO those crossposts should only be possible
if they were fetched before above filter rule was installed.  In case
any are present -- does applyfilter remove them?

HTH&HAND
Ralf