Re: [leafnode-list] upgrading experience

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, wildenhu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> * Robert wrote:
>> On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, wildenhu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> > [ 2.0b8_ma9 article filtering ]
>> > If your upstream does not understand XOVER, filtering fetched articles
>> > does not work correctly.
>
> see more on this below
>
>> Well looking at the output from fetchnews -vv, all the servers (I have 4
>> news servers) give me lines such as:
>>
>> comp.os.linux.security: considering 9 articles 48492 - 48500, using
>> XOVER
>>
>> I need to check if there are still some of these wildly crossposted
>> articles about, is there an easy way of doing this? or will I need to
>> compose some fancy recursive grep..
>
> Iff you have create_all_links set to 1,
>         find /var/spool/news/message.id -type f -links +6
> should print all articles posted to 6 or more groups.

find /var/spool/news/message.id -type f -links +6 | wc
    102     102    7702
and some of them are pretty recent...

For instance

From: ...
Newsgroups: uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.peripherals.misc,uk.comp.sys.laptops,uk.comp.sys.palmtops
Subject: Re: AN APOLOGY. In my ignorance I appear to have breached this newsgroups posting policy. How do I avoid this in future?
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:17:08 -0000

Though I see that's 6 groups - does maxcrosspost = 6 mean that the above
ought not to have been downloaded - it appears to only filter on 7
crossposting

find /var/spool/news/message.id -type f -links +7 | wc
      0       0       0

Robert