Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode 1.9.20.rc8 - server initialize failure

Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> If I have two computers in the LAN, with different 192.168 addresses but the
> same address to the outside world, and both are running Leafnode, but one is
> occasionally used as backup and occasionally posts to the other, which then
> posts to the outside world, do they have to have different FQDNs?

Yes. Otherwise, a future version of leafnode might just drop the article
if it sees its name in the Path:; also, Message-ID: collisions can cause
articles to be lost. "Don't do that" (same FQDN).

However, if you have a domain name that belongs to you, just add a
unique prefix for each name. Let's assume pierre-abbat.net is your
domain, name the machines main.pierre-abbat.net and
backup.pierre-abbat.net, that's it.

--
Matthias Andree