Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode User's Morale

Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> No, I am referring to the reports I have been seeing on the list,
> particularly the ones that it "hangs."  I connect to the Internet by dialup
> over a shared telephone line, so I can't just let it run indefinitely.  I
> haven't even tried rc8 because of them.

rc9 should be no worse than rc6 or rc5 in terms of overview
handling. Finally, this works for me to let fetchnews run no longer than
five minutes (GNU bash required, ksh should do as well, but I tested
bash):

bash -c '/usr/local/sbin/fetchnews -vvv & pid=$! ; sleep 300 ; kill -2 $pid'