Re: [leafnode-list] texpire isn't working

Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am having the opposite problem - that articles are removed from
> /var/spool/news when the Knode session in which they were read is closed at
> the latest.

I thought about that, but I'm not quite getting the meaning out (I'm not
a native speaker, and this is too terse for me, I don't know what "at
the latest" refers to). Can you paraphrase/elaborate this, please? Is a
texpire run involved? Does the debug log give any hints as to the expire
and groupexpire times? Did you set any groupexpire times in your config
file?

> I also am using the Resiser FS now.  I am running Mandrake 81 with
> Kernel 2.4.8.  I am currently using Leafnode version1.9.20.rc6.

Is the partition that holds your news spool mounted with the "noatime"
option?