Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode and Pan

[Doug, the discussion would be much more readable if sniped and quoted
using "recommended" conventions]

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Doug Laidlaw wrote:

> There is no mention of deleting the article. Something else must be
> doing it.

I haven't been following this whole discussion, but I am not convinced
that your news reader is doing anything to cause leafnode to delete
articles from the spool. I simply don't find that plausible. Remember that
when a newsreader "deletes" something, all it does is mark its own records
as that message as being something you don't want to see again. It doesn't
change anything on the NNTP server.

I suspect, however, that you already know all of that, and that I have
somehow entirely misunderstood the problem.

> What newsreaders are others using?

People read off of my leafnode set up with pine (linux) and Express
Outhouse (W2K) (and PC-Pine).

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                            http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/