Re: [leafnode-list] Mac OS X

John Kiniston <goldarg@xxxxxxx> writes:

> That did it!
> I had to use a --disabled-shared on pcre since I don't have libtool

Thanks a lot, versions AFTER (not including) 1.9.21.pre1 will contain
this hint in INSTALL:

MACOS X SPECIAL PREPARATIONS
The PCRE version that ships with leafnode is too old to compile on
PCRE. However, there are reports that PCRE 3.9 with --disable-shared is
sufficient, so: 1. download PCRE from http://www.pcre.org/. 2. unpack
the sources. 3. ./configure --disable shared. 4. make 5. (as root) make
install 6. continue with leafnode installation. Note, you only need to
install PCRE once. Future leafnode 1.9.x updates will pick up the
version you installed this time, so you won't have to reinstall PCRE
when you want to update leafnode 1.9.x.