Re: [leafnode-list] Fetchnews run showing Spontaneous Early Termination.

Michael O'Quinn schrieb am Freitag, den 29. März 2002:

> That's probably a minor bug.  The XOVER updater should know a little
> better what to do with a zero length file.  Certainly not critical,
> though.

It does know how to treat them, but it does not know how to report them.

> > That means that you don't create links in all groups for crosspostings,
> > and fetchnews has ignored the post for groups that are not marked
> > interesting.
>
> Actually, I have set create_all_links = 1, so I assume this means the
> unknown group is simply not in groupinfo, meaning that it not in my
> upstream server's active file.

Probably, yes.

> What does that mean?  And is there anything I can do at this point to help
> further track this down?

Yes. Show logs of the same procedure generated by 1.9.20.rel or
1.9.21.pre1, so I can see if fetchnews gets out of synch.

> I will, but not until I can disable this new
> implicit-maxage-derived-from-groupexpire bug.

Use 1.9.20.rel then, the maxage stomper is in 1.9.21.pre1 only.