Re: [leafnode-list] fqdn validation

On Friday 12 April 2002 02:06, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
> I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. Generally, I'm not sure to
> what extent leafnode should try to work around the fact that lots of users
> don't configure their systems properly.

If they don't configure their systems properly, they should be warned.

> We also have to realize that leafnode will be used on "private" networks,
> and so the conventions to ensure uniqueness of names won't work. I think
> that the majority of leafnode users don't have domains of their own. So
> one way or the other we face the "localhost.localdomain" problem whether
> those particular names are there or not.

I think that there should be a flag indicating whether Leafnode should add
its host name to the Path: header or not. I have a domain name which I want
added to the header, but it's pointing to the outside of the router, not to
the server which has two internal addresses.

phma