Re: [leafnode-list] fqdn validation

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 06:45:12PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:

> Feedback by Red Hat and Debian downstream maintainers solicited.

This is going to cause problems for Debian since the default hostname
doesn't include a domain part and one can't rely on gethostbyname()
being able to extend the domain name.  Even if the default configuration
were changed (which I'm not particularly inclined to push for, though
I'm not particularly against it happening) the package will still need
to handle upgrades from existing systems.

I think what I'm going to wind up setting the hostname in the
configuration file to the hostname of the upstream news server or the
mail domain (if there is one set).